The Shove It and Pop Shove It are some of the simplist skateboarding tricks and looks great if you have it down. You don't have to know how to ollie to do a shuvit, but for a pop shuvit, you should know how to ollie.
In the Shove It , you jump into the air, and your skateboard spins beneath you. In the Pop Shove It, the skateboard actually pops up in the air before it spins.
1. Set up your feet as you would for an ollie. Have your front foot towards the nose a little more. Also, for the backside pop shove it, you should place your back foot a little further up the tail, so you can scoop the board a little when pop.
2. Instead of popping straight down on the tail, you want to scoop it. Do this by popping down and pulling your foot back behind you at the same time. Jump up after you scoop.
3. With your front foot, drag up and give a little “shove” forward to get the board spinning in the direction you want.
4. Suck up your legs so the board has room to spin. You want to stay over the board the whole time. Do this by jumping with the board as it spins.
5. Catch the board with your feet, preferably on both of the bolts.
6. Land and bend your knees to absorb the landing. Ride away smiling!
1.If the board flips, put more of your front foot on the board.
2. If the board spins too much, you are scooping or shoving too hard. Just give a gentle scoop and shove and the board should spin the right way.
Hope you enjoyed learning how to Pop Shove It!