The hardflip is appropriately named- it is difficult to learn. You must be able to jump pretty high to avoid the board popsicling you.
1. Start rolling at a comfortable speed.
2. Place the ball of your back foot along the heelside of the tail as you would for a frontside flip. Place your front foot in a kickflip position, but at a sharper angle.
3. Bend you knees and get ready to pop.
4. Pop the board hard and give it a slight scoop to get it spinning in the frontside direction.
5. At the same time, jump up and slide your front foot up and off the corner of the board as it rotates. The board will flip almost vertically because it is spinning and flipping in the same direction.
6. Be sure to suck up and lift your feet out of the way to give it room to flip. If you don’t jump high enough, it could be very painful!
7. As soon as the board has flipped and spun all the way around, catch it with your feet, on the bolts.
8. Bend your legs as you land and roll away smoothly.
Hope you enjoyed learning how to Hardflip!