A frontside flip is a kickflip with a frontside 180 Ollie, a hardflip and a body varial if you will. It is definitely a difficult trick to learn, so don’t get too worried if you have a tough time learning how to frontside flip. I recommend watching Andrew Reynolds if you want to see examples of how to frontside flip the right way. His frontside flips are so clean…
1. Start rolling at a comfortable speed.
2. Set up your front foot as you would for a kickflip, at a slightly sharper angle. Set up your back foot with your toes on the edge of the tail so you can get a good spin as you pop.
3. Pop the board hard, and at the same time, give a little kick forward with your front foot to get the board spinning in the frontside direction.
4. Jump and spin 180 degrees with you body. At the same time, slide your front foot diagonally off the edge of the board to as you would for a kickflip. However, you’ll find that you need to kick harder.
5. When the board has spun about 90 degrees, it should have flipped once. You want to catch the board at 90 degrees, and spin the rest of the way. So you’ll need some height on your kickflips and 180s to pull off this trick.
6. Land bend your knees to keep your balance. Ride away.
Hope you enjoyed learning how to Front Sideflip!