A backside flip or backside 180 kickflip, is a combination between a kickflip and a 180 ollie. It is one of the nicest looking flip tricks and can be seen in almost any skateboard video. Learning how to backside flip can take a while, so be patient when you're learning this trick!
1. Begin by rolling at a comfortable speed.
2. Set up your feet by placing our front foot as you would for a kickflip, with your foot at a 45 degree angle behind the front bolts. Have your back foot on the tail, with the center of your back foot on the center of the tail. Your toes should be hanging off a little bit.
3. As you bend you knees, being to wind your shoulders as you would for a backside 180 ollie.
4. As you pop, unwind your shoulders and pop up the board, giving it as little backside scoop. Your body should also be spinning in the backside direction.
5. At the same tip, jump up and give a gentle flick with your front foot, dragging it up and towards the corner, as you would for a kickflip. Be sure to suck up your feet!
6. When you have spun 90 degrees, the board should have finished flipping. Catch the board on the bolts.
7. Spin the rest of the 180 degrees using your hips and feet. You’ll want to quickly spin your legs 90 degrees after you catch the board.
8. Land and bend your knees to absorb the impact. Smile and ride away.
1. When you first start to learn this trick, you’ll find that the board might not turn the complete 180. You might land on your front wheels before you finish the 180. If that happens, just pivot to complete the trick.
2. Get really comfortable with popping high 180 ollies before you try this trick. You need a lot of height on your ollies.
3. It’s a good idea to practice these moving instead of stationary since you need some momentum to do the 180’s
Hope you enjoyed learning how to Backside!